I followed this homemade no-bake protein bar recipe. Here are my notes on it.
- I used the following brands:
- Coconut cream: Surebuy
- Whey Protein: Optimum Nutrition, Double Chocolate Flavor
- Peanut Butter: Ludy’s
- Oatmeal: Quaker Oats Quick Cook Oatmeal
- I only had 200g of oatmeal so, initially, I halved the recipe.
- It looks like the oatmeal absorbs too much of the “wet” ingredients that 200g of it warranted the full recipe.
The modified recipe is as follows:
- 200g Quaker Oats Quick Cook Oatmeal
- 76g or 2.5 scoops Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate Flavor
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 340g Ludy’s Sweet and Creamy Peanut Butter
- 250ml Surebuy Coconut Cream
I’ll know for sure how it would taste like tomorrow when the bars freeze over, but the ones that stuck to my hands while I was mixing it would suggest that it should be good.
Now I’ve had a couple of bars, I can comment on the taste and texture.
I was satisfied with the taste. Peanut butter with some hint of coco. I couldn’t separate the chocolate flavor at all.
The texture was okay, though I’d like to improve more on it. It turns out that 200g of oatmeal wasn’t enough to accommodate the rest of the wet ingredients. I’ll probably bump it up to 300g, but definitely not 400g. I’ll play around with other “fillings” such as almonds, granola, etc.
Based on the rate of consumption, I guess one batch would last me a week and a half. The ingredients costed me, maximum Php 250, not counting the protein powder. Not bad.